Wendy Beggs

UVic computer science
pan

Wendy Beggs

Post by pan »

the grad secretary who has taken care of all our students graduated and ongoing so far, from offer letters to financial support, oral and degree letters, is retiring
Wendy_wishes (normal margin).jpg
Wendy_wishes (normal margin).jpg (49.1 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
feel free to share some of your words and appreciation here, so we can relay to her on a card too
Alona Fyshe

Re: Wendy Beggs

Post by Alona Fyshe »

Wendy -- what an amazing impact you've had on the department! You were always so friendly and so clearly dedicated to the department. Enjoy your well-deserved retirement!!

Alona
Kwang Moo Yi

Post by Kwang Moo Yi »

Happy retirement! I still remember those days clearly when you were handholding me through the chaos that is student stipends. Not sure I could've survived without you! Again, happy retirement and hope to bump into you later some day! -Kwang

Post by Guest »

Thanks to the organizer's great idea so that we can have this great opportunity to express our sincre appreciation and wishes to you, wendy. Warmth in my UVic memorries of course include yours. Happy retirement!
tongfei

Post by tongfei »

Guest wrote:Thanks to the organizer's great idea so that we can have this great opportunity to express our sincre appreciation and wishes to you, wendy. Warmth in my UVic memorries of course include yours. Happy retirement!
by Fei Tong ; )
pan

Post by pan »

sketched by jingrong Image and formatted by rui. more from students
Thank you so much for your hard work and kind help to all our students. It’s truly our honour to have your steadfast support all these years. Wishing you a wonderful and joyful retired life! — Daoping (MSc, 2022– present)

Congratulations on your retirement! It has been a pleasure to have your support and guidance throughout my academic journey in the last few years. I wish you all the best in your future life. — Shirley (MSc, 2021–present)

Wendy, thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the Department of Computer Science at the University of Victoria. Your outstanding contributions have made a lasting impact on the faculty and all students. Congratulations on your retirement and best wishes for your future endeavors! — Fatima Amri (MSc, 2021–present)

Best wishes for your retirement. May it be filled with everything that brings you happiness and contentment. I appreciate your care and help in the past two years. Wishing you a happy and fulfilling every day in the future. — Genghua (Visiting PhD, 2021–present)

My interactions with Wendy, though limited, showed me her unwavering support and genuine care for the students. May her retirement be as delightful and enriching as the impact she's had on our lives! — Jinwei Zhao (MSc, 2021–present)

Your warm and welcoming demeanor, exceptional organizational skills, and amazing ability to remember everyone's name, including mine, have made a real difference to countless students, myself included. Your support in the application process for awards and graduation has been invaluable. I truly appreciate all the help you have provided over the years. — Zhiming (MSc, 2018–2020, PhD, 2020–present)

Happy retirement! I will miss you! Thanks so much for your help in the past five years. You brighten my life at UVic! Wishing you good health, happiness, and lots of fun! — Rui (MSc-PhD, 2018–present)

Whatever comes next for you, may it bring you the same joy and fulfillment as you brought us! — Yifan Xu (Visiting PhD, 2018–2020, now Postdoc at Southeast University)

I wish Wendy a healthy, fulfilling, and beautiful new life after retirement! — Lin Guo (Visiting PhD, 2018– 2020, now professor at Central South University)

Wishing Wendy happy every day! — Qian Liu (Visiting PhD, 2018–2020, now professor at Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications)

Dear Wendy, thank you for all the help and support you provided me when I was preparing for my oral defence. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and hope that you know how much you are appreciated. — Jingrong Wang (MSc, 2017–2019, awarded Lieutenant Governor's Silver Medal for the Best Master's Thesis)

Dear Wendy, I want to express my gratitude for all the help and support you have provided me with. As you embark on this new chapter of your life and retire, I would like to extend my warmest wishes for your future. May it bring you an abundance of joy, peace, and many treasured moments with your loved ones. — Kaiyang Liu (Visiting PhD, 2016–2018, Postdoc, 2019–2023, now professor at Memorial University of Newfoundland)

Hello Wendy, you made it easier for me to study at UVic from 2016 to 2018. I hope that you will enjoy your retirement life. Best wishes! — Guanghui Wang (Visiting PhD, 2016–2018, now professor at Henan University)

Thanks for your help! Happy every day! — Boyang Xu (Visiting MSc, 2017–2018, now working at UniSoC)

Dear Wendy, I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude for all your help in extending my student permit. I also wanted to wish you a happy and fulfilling retired life. You have made a positive impact on many people. — Heng Li (Visiting PhD, 2015–2017, now professor at Central South University)

Thanks to the organizer's great idea so that we can have this great opportunity to express our sincere appreciation and wishes to you, Wendy. Warmth in my UVic memories of course include yours. Happy retirement! — Fei Tong (PhD 2012–2016, now professor at Southeast University)

Welcome to Guangzhou! — Le Chang (PhD 2009–2013, now professor at Guangdong University of Technology)

Wendy is a wonderful human being and one of the most memorable people I met at UVic. Every single interaction with her was grounding and joyful. — Arian Khosravi (MSc, 2008–2010, now senior software developer at Clio)
there is a card and gift from faculty and staff members. hope we have a new wendy

Return to “UVic CS”